Monday, October 31, 2005

MAD SCIENTISTS AND FULL MOONS

Today was a fun day. I did my music teaching lesson this morning - yes i choked out "London Bridge" all by myself - and it went pretty well, if i say so myself. Then we played pattycake songs (you know- the ones where you clap hands with somebody else... AH... my childhood lives again.)
My lab was cancelled for the day, so i picked up some resources to take a look at for my annotated Bib. and then headed out to McNab to set up our "dissection". I have to admit, i was a little bit worried... in comparison to the Haunted house, i thought our thing was going to be WEAK, but we got some pretty decent screams out of it, so I'm pretty happy. (the good ol' head popping out from under a box trick worked its magic once again!)Haha.

All weekend I've been helping out at the Haunted House. I can't say enough about that place. One of the (single) mom's decided that she'd set up her WHOLE house - living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, dining room, kitchen, EVERYTHING as a haunted house, and she advertised in the newspapers and radio. She put up all these FANTASTIC decorations, and got the community center kids to carve pumpkins. Then each day (Fri - Mon) she had kids come help out being vampires, murderers, victims, etc, etc, etc. WOW! it was truly amazing. I have such huge respect for a woman who can pull a whole community together that way. I've never seen anything like it in McNab before. Unfortunately there wasn't the greatest turn out, especially tonight with the darn rain, but the kids were involved with something SO great, I'm proud of them, and i think they must be proud of themselves.

ANYWAY, i should get to the homework I've been neglecting all weekend.
BUT HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Carie

No comments: