Monday, March 07, 2005

Hear our praises

We sang this song in Church yesterday, and i remembered how powerful it is for me. 5 years ago when we were moving to canada, we were singing this song in church in South Africa, and it become a song of dedication for me. I know that sounds kinda crazy for somebody coming from deep dark africa to see Canada as as place for my "light to shine in the darkness" and to make it my objective to make his "glory fill the whole earth", but i think that God EXPECTS us to see each place we go as a mission field. Anyway, its such a stunning song that i really wanted to put it up for you.

Hear Our Praises
(Reuben Morgan - Hillsongs)


May our homes be filled with dancing
May our streets be filled with joy
May injustice bow to Jesus
As the people turn to pray


From the mountain to the valley
Hear our praises rise to You
From the heavens to the nations
Hear our singing fill the air


May our light shine in the darkness
As we walk before the cross
May Your glory fill the whole earth
As the water o'er the seas


Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

flouch said...

I'm starting a cult and I was wondering if you had any impressionable people at your church I could take advantage of?

rochelle laura knox said...

i don't have anything specific to say but commenting on your blog makes me feel closer to you. i've been missing you! and i am a hillsong fan.

kind of reminds me of 1999 when i visited thailand and i went to this church and they were singing this song i knew but in thai. forget the song but it was important for me at the time. that i could worship God with people in a different language even when i didn't understand everything.