Thursday, March 10, 2005

Any Dream WIll do

So i really like live theater. I've come to the conclusion that i can't stand listening to bands play live (unless there is somebody that i know in it or unless it is able to be background... like the bassment. I like that)but give me theatre in any form, and i'll be there. ANYHOW, some of my kids were singing songs yesterday that i recognized as being from "Joseph and the amazing technicoloured dream coat" - why do you know this you ask??? Well, lets put it this way, my mom could quote it word for word... but enough of that. I recognized the songs and asked the kids about it, and they told me they were in a school play and asked me to come watch them. I wasn't sure if i'd be able to make it, since it was at 1pm, but things worked out my way, and i got to go see it... I was so proud! I can't imagine having my own kids up there someday, its a really weird emotion being totally proud of kids that you've had no part in raising, but i felt like the hyper little granny i was sitting next to! Its devastating to me to realize that these kids need the love and affection any where they can find it. They were so surprised that i'd actually show, i really hope their parents go and see it. Its horrible, i think i'm actually getting imune to poverty. We just deal with it on a daily basis, and sometimes i don't even think about it, until situations like today when they all come sopping wet 'cos they "fell" into a puddle. The sad thing to me (maybe stupidly) is the fact that i don't think i've ever seen a matching pair of socks, and most have the hugest holes ever. Even in the middle of winter they're harly wearing anything on their feet, and most have boots that are so holey that snow gets inside right away. I darned a kid's socks one day a couple months ago, and they were literally held together by the stitches i put in them. They were hardly even socks. It just blows my mind somedays. I really hope that Joseph's story somehow hits them. A boy with nothing and more injustice than anybody deserves finally rises to the top. They weren't too clear about the God stuff, but it was there. We can only pray i guess.

anyway, i'm sure i had a thought when i began this blog, but its gone somewhere now.
I'm hoping this Murder mystery night works out tomorrow... i have no idea! I know it will be fun whatever happens, and no matter how many people show, but i really want people to get to know each other.

but i'm out for the night,
ciao

No comments: