Sunday, November 28, 2004

i'm a freak

literally.
i'm so tired that i could puke, yet i write another blog instead of going to bed. Man, this never sleeping thing is starting to kick me in the head.

anyhow, this is for all my buddies who are feeling inescapably like this: what do you do when you really just don't have time to sleep in favour of papers, articles, debates and presentations??? I hope you're not crazy... and even though you're measuring out your life in coffee spoons, just think of the three glorious weeks ahead.

merry christmas.

~ Carie


" Do I dare
Disturb the universe?
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.
For I have known them all already, known them all:—
Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
So how should I presume? "

- (extract) The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock.
TS ELLIOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE J ALFRED PRUFROCK! Seriously carie, did you know that's my favourite poem of all time. I took it upon myself, ages ago, to memorize it. I've since forgotten chunks of it, but I go over it in my head once in a while.

...In a minute there is time
for descisions and revisions
which a minute will reverse...

Thanks for reminding me.

...till human voices wake us
and we drown.

Scott

caricature said...

hey scott...
yeah - TS Elliot is definately my favourite poet, and "the love song of J Alfred Prufrock" ranks pretty high on the list of stuff that i love.

anyway - till later,

"And indeed there will be time
For the yellow smoke that slides along the street,
Rubbing its back upon the window-panes;
There will be time, there will be time
To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;
There will be time to murder and create,
And time for all the works and days of hands
That lift and drop a question on your plate;
Time for you and time for me,
And time yet for a hundred indecisions,
And for a hundred visions and revisions,
Before the taking of a toast and tea. "

~ carie