Friday, November 05, 2004

Passion (less?)

I realized once again tonight what a wuss I am when it comes to being truly passionate about life and God. Its really scary a lot of the time. Beth (the genius that we ALL know she is) was leading worship, and was focussing on the idea of being passionate about God. I hate that its so easy to fall into the groove of meaningless singing and raising hands or clapping, just 'cus its what you're supposed to do in that moment. Music is such an expressive way to enter God's presence, but one I take for granted all the time. "heart of worship" is kind of cheesy really, but what I want to make worship times into for myself...

when the music fades
all is stripped away
and i simply come
longing just to bring
something that's of worth
that will bless your heart

i bring you more than a song
for a song in itself
is not what you have required
you search much deeper within
through the way things appear
you're looking into my heart

I'm coming back to the heart of worship
and it's all about you
It's all about you, Jesus
I'm sorry Lord for the thing i've made it
when it's all about you
it's all about you, Jesus

King of endless worth
no one could express
how much you deserve
though i'm weak and poor
all i have is yours
every single breath

WOW > every breath... easier said than done me thinks, especially when i'm too chicken to even mention God under the list of things i'm "into". Pray for opportunities and bravery i guess.

I should get some sleep, but a quick theological conundrum from one of my 8 year olds: (this is their idea, not mine - I take no responsibility here.)
If God and the Devil are brothers ("obvious" fact) and both are very powerful, how do we know who would win? Also, apparently the devil is roaming the streets of Saskatoon - he's been seen by the above mentioned 8 yr old. i couldn't get a description for the "have you seen this being sign" tho'. In my opinion, there are prob many devils wandering 'toon town. Scary.
What cuties they are... i can't believe I’ve been given the opportunity to just hang with them and love them for a whole year! Today we were playing at the Travelodge water slides :) GOOD TIMES! we only almost drowned 1 of them, and got almost all of the going down the slides all by themselves! Thank you God for a home with glass windows, a winter jacket, food in the fridge and at least 1 car in my yard. it is no exageration to say that I am heaped with unwarranted blessings. Hopefully i'll have a site up pretty soon, and then you can look at pictures of them from Halloween!

gratefully almost asleep (not quite dead... yet... we'll see at 5am)
~car

1 comment:

Mrs Allen said...

hey hugbug
wow! I am so blessed to have such an awesome and passionate friend like you! god bless sweetie love duckie