Tuesday, July 04, 2006

carie the pirate had one leg

does it ever feel to you like life is whirling around on its axis so fast that you can't keep up? I sometimes feel like if i just lie in my bed and do suduku puzzles, all the problems, issues and errands will just sort themselves out. i won't have to worry about internship, i won't have to figure our where to live or with whom, i won't have to deal with people coming and going and feeling happy or sad or anything at all. Its not that i'm unhappy with life, in fact if anything, i have been really happy over the last little while, i just sometimes don't feel like i have a grip on what i need to do to live. Maybe its just this week catching up. I started 2 new jobs yesterday and today - Boys and Girls Club and the Church, so its made for a busy weekend... added to not sleeping very much and dropping Indy off at the airport this morning early... i would like to be the proverbial ostrich.

But having said that, it was a wonderful weekend - Canada day was really fun with Susan & Jason's wedding at lunch, the river cruise in the afternoon and then jazz at the river and fireworks at the park. Sunday was a fun day too - spending sometime chilling in the afternoon and then hanging out in the evening at BP's and then the drive in. We stayed up all night watching movies and then took Indy to the airport at 4am. WHY do flights leave at 6am?? ugg! So early. I am very jealous! i would like to be leaving on a 6am flight tomorrow morning!

anyway, now that i have rambled on and my stream of consciousness is becoming a trickle, i think i might rotate my way towards my bed and suduku book...
early morning tomorrow with PIRATE DAY in the time machine. YARR!

love,
Carie

4 comments:

Evan said...

where i live, every day is pirate day. y'arr!

caricature said...

awesomes. do you wear an eye patch??

Anonymous said...

Time Machine? Pirate day? I'm sorry are you stuck in last summer? I MISS YOU!

I can't remember my username...this comment brought to you courtesy of my forgetful self (aka Shannon)

Anonymous said...

Time Machine? Pirate day? I'm sorry are you stuck in last summer? I MISS YOU!

I can't remember my username...this comment brought to you courtesy of my forgetful self (aka Shannon)