Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ramble? Me? Never.

I was surfing around blogworld, and read Scott's latest post "Monday, November 07, 2005 - The Only Sure Thing". Check it out. its pretty thought provoking.

Man - i've wanted to post for quite a few days now, and the most enthusiasm for anything that looked like constructive anything was to post yesterday's pic.

Tuesday was awesome. We did our first teaching experience at school. With Leanne, i taught a lesson on heroes to a group of 9 kids from a gr3/4 split class. WHAT FUN! it was very affirmning, because, somehow this college has a way of scaring all the spirit out of you. WHAT IF I MESS UP AND SCREW UP SOME LITTLE KID'S LIFE FOREVER??? (etc, etc, etc)
I'm also feeling a lot more capable in this college now that i've realized that i do (somewhere) inately understand what it means to be a teacher, adn i actually do want to be that person.
Yesterday i had to do the 10 min teach (that i wrote about the other day) on South Africa. It went really well, adn everybody actually seemed interested. Mostly in "Madam and Eve" which is to be expected, since it is one of the best cartoons in the entire world. But anyway. Its all done now. So that's a relief.

There is much going in my my life.
My Uncle Andrew is having severe (debilitating) headaches. His twin died of an undefined brain degeneration (like a tumour but not) about 5 years ago, and now my Uncle has been incapacitated with blinding headaches and very similar symptoms. My Uncle Tony went through years of testing, and medications, etc, etc and eventually just wasted away. Andrew refused to have any sort of testing done on himself at the time, and now we're wondering.
I have had headaches as a part of my life since i fell on my head when i was 12. These things freak me out like nothing else. I should go to the doctor and MAKE him do some sort of test or something.

I'm also developing some awesome friendships with people i've sort of known for a long time and am getting to know better. I'm excited about that.

There are many other things too... but i have to get to class in the next 6 mins.

have a good day!

No comments: