Saturday, March 25, 2006

if you accompany a friend... there is no detour too far - L Tolstoi

life is easier than you think.
All you have to do is:
- accept the impossible
- do without the indespensible
- bear the intolerable
- and be able to smile at anything!

(good luck!)


i've been neck deep in history over the last week. I had to do a big autobiography project (don't even ask me how that's related to education - it gives me rage. ANYWAY) and so i've been digging out old old pics and some newer ones. all in all i'm feeling a little nostalgic (and very tired) so here are a few gems from my friendship book - as i was leaving for Canada. Its a cool book - you should ask me to check it out some day.
(they're a little soppy - year book stuff, but i decided to only put the good stuff here.)

"Love life. Love each moment, each person, each special thing that happens in your lifetime. Enjoy each moment."

"There's a miracle called friendship, which dwells withing the heart.
You don't know how it happends, or where it gets its start.
But you know the happiness that friendship always brings,
and you realize that friendship is God's most perfect gift."

What is a friend? It is a person with whom you dare to be yourself. - F. Crane

"Friendship is loving rather than being in love"



"Behind These Hazel Eyes"

Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong
Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright
For once in my life
Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together, but so broken up inside
'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hangin' on

No comments: