Sunday, January 23, 2005

every perfect gift

So i was holding Brian and Ange's little baby girl tonight. AWWW! she's so cute. She is now 3 weeks old and dressed in a little pink furry (*note: not FAIRY*) snow suit. I WANT ONE OF THOSE! Seriously - the whole concept of childbirth frankly seems a little scary and rather painful, and the thought of being responsible for a whole new life daunting. But so exciting! There is so much possibility and hope in that tiny girl who kept refusing to open her eyes! When you are holding a little person with perfect eyelashes, fingernails, expressive features and a definate personality, i really don't know how people can discount God as a creator.
I've been thinking lately about the whole creation debate (evolution, and so forth) and i'm really not going to bore you with any of my thoughts, save to say that the creation was simply miraculous in terms of just "arriving" and i can't make myself believe that God sits back and watches us go, when i consider the ongoing minor miracles i see in life (and creation) daily.
This is one of the daily reminders of God in my life - and maybe its corny, or overused or whatever, but this is what God used every morning at camp when i dragged my butt out of bed at 6:



.


4 comments:

caricature said...

bah! how do i make the picture bigger??? Its beautiful and i want it to be bigger!!!!!

Evan said...

inside the img tag, you need to put width=xxx and height=yyy where xxx and yyy are the amount of pixels you want the pic to be.

i couldn't use angled brackets, but there should be some around the img.

Anonymous said...

Carie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad i actually discovered your blog
Muhahahahaha lolz
Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Oh Carie, I had to tell you this....

Last week at church, your dad was trying to tell me that running in and doing Connection Kids in a hurry wasn't a hassle. It took me about 3 good tries to figure out that he wasn't calling me an....well, you probably guessed it. If not, he didn't pronounce the 'h' very well... Anyways, that's one more for my books! Love you.

Chantelle