Sunday, June 06, 2004

Jemima

Its crazy - that time of year has finally rolled around... I go up to camp on Monday morning with BM... its really terrifying, i don't feel prepared at all. I just have to keep reminding myself that i was at this spot last year and it was all fine, so i guess i just need to trust God for a bit (or a lot!) of inspiration. I am looking forward to being up there with some really great people, and i think its going to be be a great summer, but its really hard leaving everybody behind here. I feel super lucky to have the amazing friends that i have here... (sniff, sniff, soppy moment) At least i have my trusty cell. people are starting to call me james... going to have to keep that under control..

So i've finally decided on a name for my car, after owning her for 2 unispired years. "jemima" seems to be a fully excellent name for a strong black woman like her, so Jemima it is. I'm hoping that she lives up to her name and keeps chuffing for a long time still- especially this summer up at camp...

Decided that i needed a new and funky hairstyle for the summer... need a cut desparately, but went with dye for now... I'm orange now :) haha - and to think i've laughted at colour faux pas!! ah well, i guess "fun" is definatly what it is!

I'm gonna head to bed now, as soon as i get off the phone with JW - i've had such amazing communications with her this week, like 6hrs in the last 5 days... its amazing!!! i better keep this up, even if its under rather unhappy circumstances...
Gonna go say "bye" to Rebecca at the airport tomorrow at 5am (uggg) - then planning to go have b-fast afterwards... don't know if i'm gonna wake up in time! or be the least bit friendly... better get some sleep.

shalom...
~ Carie

No comments: